9.29.2010

Heartstrings.





The last few weeks have had me thinking a lot about my decision to be finished with the military. I may not have liked my job very much but my overall pride in serving my country was/is still there. I'm beginning to wonder if I was put on this earth for a bigger purpose. What if I am supposed to put my pride to a better use? I have been so trapped in my mind that I've begun to lose touch with reality, thinking about this. I've created a combat zone in my head. One where I am out there with the rest of them-fighting for our freedom.
Blood. Sweat. Tears. Camaraderie.

With the thought of combat, comes the remembrance of our fallen heroes. I would like to dedicate this blog post to each and every person touched by the hardships of wartime. Wives. Mothers. Children. Fathers. Husbands. etc. Thank you for putting your life on the line to save ours. I hold you in my heart. Each and every day.

I Love you all like my own brothers & sisters.

Xx
Lauren

(In memory of Chance Phelps USMC)

No comments:

Post a Comment