7.09.2010

That chair thing


So, as many of my close friends and family know, I have quite the obsession with design: especially chairs. This whole thing started when I went to the Vitra Design Museum in Germany (FA '07). There, they have an extensive collection of my favorite designers' chairs: Charles and Ray Eames.

Being an average middle-class Minnesota girl, high-end design hasn't been in the closest reach. So, when I travel or visit others' homes, I am always observing my surroundings for those gems I've seen in catalogues or museums so I can swoon over them in person: feel them, sit in them, etc.
Since I began working at Modern Climate, I have discovered a secret within the industry which showcases how much design means to its people: it's in the furniture.


MC is easing me into being around higher-end furniture. The day I come into an office and I get my very own Eames Lounge Chair and Ottoman, will mark the beginning of pure bliss.

I'm a kid in a damn candy store.

Xx Laurén




No comments:

Post a Comment